My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Sunday 7 June 2009

After a gorgeous couple of weeks weather wise the clouds opened yesterday & today, we had hailstones, thunder - the works!! Needless to say we weren't too keen to venture out into the storm (well.. I went to Tesco for some shopping, but don't think that really counts). After a *really* bad night last night (the night before had been so hopeful, 8pm-2.30 then 3.30 settling himself & sleeping to 7.30) we were not really up to braving it at all. I have done some much needed tidying up this afternoon though & made a cake with Lyra. She also "helped" make her dinner & I was amazed by how much less stressful the whole thing was. That's one of my resolutions- to let Lyra help me cook rather than ending up shouting at her when i try to do it without her. For lunch we had a very naughty oven cooked "fry-up" including black pudding so still don't feel at all hungry. I really need to do some exercise on the wii fit but am worried it will tell me off!!
We've been a bit lazy this weekend & Logan has been in disposable nappies the whole time, which is strangely something I feel prety bad about since I use disposables on Lyra without a 2nd thought. Well as she has flatly refused cloth nappies & will be potty training soon it's not something I really need to go with.....( she did a poo in the potty today (after much trying!) & was so proud of herself, I really hope she's going to become more interested in the idea of no nappies) I'm keen to have Logan in cloth most of the time though for various reasons - environmental, financial & healthwise for him... We gave a bottle of expressed milk a go again last night with a different bottle & he objected thoroughly... he really only wants the real thing, this boy of mine. I'm really having doubts about the whole expressing & offering a bottle thing because I'm worried it may lead to formula, which is not where I want to go. I still occasionally let Lyra have some milk from me (she really doesn't want to let go!) so the idea of not feeding him is difficult for me.I'll hopefully get Logan weighed on Tuesday, I wonder how big he is now - surely over a stone.
I have a funny feeling I'm becoming a bit of a hippy & more & more wishing I didn't have to return to work... February will come around far too quickly for my liking, that's for sure. I'm loving spending time as a mummy as I'm in a much better place than I was during my maternity leave last time. I want to make elderflower cordial with Lyra, grow vegetables, go for walks, make bath bombs with her... just DO things with my babies! They grow so quickly. Unfortunately finances mean me working will make a HUGE impact on our quality of life & David's stress levels!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment