My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Monday 15 June 2009

Logan and mummy time



Lyra went over to spend the day with my mum, dad & sisters today (I had my smear test booked & she would have been upset by that) so for the first time since his birthI have had several hours with just me & my son.... & Oh my goodness he is so good! I gathered some more elderflowers to make more cordial (was out for 1 1/2 hours including doctors), made the cordial, made a small quantity of strawberry jam (just 1 jar!!), cleaned the bathroom, did some laundry,tidied up (a bit, lets not be silly about things like that) & still managed to spend ample time cuddling & kissing him until Lyra arrived home at 2pm. It really goes to show just how much of my time she demands as this would all have been really difficult. I did kind of miss her but I was pretty busy & loved spending time with Logan unmolested!
He's such a smiley happy boy and loves kisses so very much he's a joy to have... He's even been sleeping really well lately, from about 8pm to 3am each night for the past 4 nights - he sleeps for a shorter stretch after that but I'm tempted to try giving him a dream feed at 11pm tonight so he might *possibly* be able to make it through to 6am... with a lot of luck!




On Friday Lyra, Logan & I met with some mummy friends & their children for a walk around Hestercombe gardens, it was so lovely having a chance to catch up with the other mums & Lyra had a fantastic time playing, running around, exploring and eating wild strawberries (which I threaded onto a stalk like a necklace for her. bless, she loved that!). We were first to arrive and last to leave! They have 3 fantastic little wooden play houses in their play area & I think Lyra would Love David to make one... & Logan of course when he's bigger. I carried Logan all the way & even though Lyra walked loads she was pretty tired by the end and I ended up carrying her on my shoulders too, double-decker mummy.....


We had a lovely weekend, it was really hot and sunny both days. on saturday we went for a walk around a local nature reserve & Lyra & david paddled in the streams after Lyra had finished in the park. Yesterday we went for a walk in Piddle Wood near Corfe & had a picnic by the stream. It was quite an undertaking to get down to the stream as it was pretty steep! There were masses & masses of tiny froglets all over the path up the hill from the stream & Lyra loved them, she was also fascinated by the piles of snail shells left near certain stones by industrious thrushes. Logan would have been interested in it all if he'd been awake!! We're hoping to be motivated enough to go for walks most weekends while the weather is nice as we all love it... it's fathers day next Sunday so david's choice... incidentally I still haven't had my mothers day this year as David was not at all organised & then Logan arrived 2 days before. It's actually a pretty sore point with me & I'm going to make sure I get a mothers day or an extra specially grovelling one next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment