My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Tuesday 30 June 2009

Potty training!!

Today has been a real breakthrough day for Lyra in terms of toilet training. After weeks of resisting the idea of even having no nappy on she agreed to have knickers on (sparkly bright pink winnie the pook ones to be precise). First wee was on the floor outside BUT second wee was in the potty with NO prompting at the time & she pulled her knigckers down herself. Another (tiny!) wee folloowed later and then the piece de resistence - a poo in the potty just before daddy arrived home (again with no prompting - I walked int he lounge to find her sat on her potty doing a poo). She's been so proud of herself & it's been wonderful to have a chance to really really praise her for this without too much stress. Zero to potty trainedin one day! ok it's just day 1 but we shall see how it goes for the rest of the week. I also managed to get her into pull up nappies (aka "special night time pants") for bedtime, which is something she has always refused so I'm hoping nappies will now be out of the picture. Not looking forward to having to carry a potty with me at all times but hey that stage will pass soon enough & I'm so incredibly proud of her.
In other news, I had my progesterone coil fitted yesterday afternoon & was very nervous but it didn't hurt a bit & I've only had a tiny bit of spotting. Could something in the downstairs department really be straightforward for me?! who'd have thought it? Logan is being gorgeous & lovely as ever, thought he heatwave we're suffering at the moment is making him a bit restless & he's not slept much today. Fingers crossed for a good night's sleep then! Our new washer dryer arrived this afternoon -after 10 days with no washing machine I can't wait to have clean clothes & some order to the house again! it's so quiet night time laundry is an option too so may even make some headway tonight.
What a good day it's been!

No comments:

Post a Comment