My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Wednesday 15 July 2009


Nothing really exciting to say today -
Yesterday we went shoping then headed off to the park and Lyra climbed and ran and slid and balanced happily... she walked all around the top[ of the high wall in the basketball court with me walking next to her while Logan slept in the buggy. On the way home we picked some ripe plums from the plum tree we pass, Lyra loved them and I will hopefully take her to get some more tomorrow (and take a pic) as there's nothing quite like fresh from the tree/plant fruit is there. My tomatoes (all 8 plants have tiny green fruit!) and potatoes are doing fantastically - I may even have some decent carrots this year too. No flowers ont he butternut squash yet but there's still time, slugs have killed my runner beans but never mind.... I really wish I could have a huge garden with space for plenty of vegetables rather than the few I have!
I was very brave at playgroup this morning (LOL! how daft does that sound!) and asked another mother "please could you not swear in front of the children" (she had said f***ing 3 times by this point, at snack time with all the children together around her). She turned around and had a go at ME for daring to confront her, saying "I wasn't even talking to you, I can talk to you in a minute if you want. you saw I covered my mouth after" well yes you did, and then you said it again. foolish woman with your bottle blonde hair, bad tattoo and son of 4 with a pierced ear!

She and her similarly chavvy friend then sat sniggering and bitching about me in the corner - how childish! I am NOT going to sit and alow my daughter, who was behaving beautifully and eating her snack so nicely I wasn't about to take her to another table, to be exposed to foul language simply becuase this woman didn't have enough brains to us other words to express herself. They had previously been muttering together & smirking about the fact I was wearing logan in a sling (lovely ring sling made by mum) "Would you ever wear one of them" "no"*sneer smink sneer* "me neither. I understand the idea though, to save your arms...." kind of got it there, A* for effort though if you'd ever worn one you might really understand why I love it so.

My lovely friend Vicky cheered me up by just generally chatting & saying how lovely & happy Logan looked in the sling. And agreeing with the general opinion I expressed about "those women" too! I did feel rather on edge and shakey for a while afterwards, I do so hate confrontation and they were scary women!

When we got home we had lunch and then made some oaty bath bags, Logan had some funny tummy time...


(sweet isn't it! he likes to be able to see, which he can't so well during floor tummy time) did some dancing, watched monsters inc... & I was very impressed with Lyra's reflection of my opinion of what should & should not be said when one character called another "stupid".... Lyra "we don't say stupid, naughty monsters inc" well hear hear little lady, I totally agree!
Lyra is still doing incredibly well toilet training and it has now been an entire week since she has had an accident - & she's only had one accident since day 3 of toilet training! I'm now backing off a bit and letting her decide when she needs to "go" except for just before we go out & if she's busy doing things as she's more likely to forget then. So very proud of her! Logan is now settling himself to sleep alone in hiis cot every night after his bath/massage/milk routine I kiss him and put him in his cot - he doesn't even grumble as long as he hasn't got any trapped wind and isn't still hungry!
I really, really need to get some organisation going in this house, wish I had the time! I've been feeling a bit down lately, I'm pretty certain due to my coil, and the general chaos in the house doesn't help this. I've felt a bit better today and yesterday though I have ordered some more yarn from ebay (pretty sparkly Rowan yarn that was on sale - on SALE!) and am worried my stash is becoming too huge!! I intend to crochet a bag from the yarn I have to keep the yarn I will doubtless get before too long... Making things is so lovely & therapeutic I'm so glad I have discovered this glorious set of hobbies!

No comments:

Post a Comment