My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Friday 18 September 2009

quick update!

I've not updated here for almost 2 weeks now, how bad of me! I had been writing something every few days! We've been rather busy so i've had very little time to stop & type so here's a brief summary of what we've been up to....
Lyra started preschool last week and does love it while she is there but separation itself is heartbreaking - she cries and begs me to take her home with her when I leave. She stops crying pretty quickly now (been to 4 3-hour sessions) & has a lovely time but does get tearful when I come to pick her up saying "please can I come home with you now mummy". I'm finding it very difficult to tell you the truth, not only is this upsetting goodbye-bit happening but she is growing up so fast! At the moment she wants mummy a lot more than she has done but still wants daddy more!
Talking about daddy, David is in the midst of stormtrooper fever, his stormtrooper armour is almost completely ready to wear. Good thing really since he's off on his first "troop" tomorrow in Taunton! We've been having a lot of late nights with both of us working on it in a bid to get it ready & tomorrow is the day! That's all I'll say for now as this project really deserves a post all of its own after the event (with pictures...)
Logan has a cold at the moment (so does Lyra in fact, she was sick last night) so he's all snotty & not sleeping well. He is sitting treally well, rolling front to back occasionally now & burbling beautifully - on wednesday he started saying "dadada" a lot but we also have a lot opf "blurblelurblelurble" & almost words "Heeyaa" "yeah" & what sounds a lot like "hello Lyra". he's eating really well & now on 3 full meals a day - from today with a pudding afterwards as my health visitor suggested his being sick is because he needs more food & less breastmilk.... He's fantastic & so cheerful despite being so pukey, though I do wish he would sleep a little better! he's still settling himself at the start of the night though so I live in hope...
As for me... what can I say?? I've finished a crochet diplodocus for Daniella's starting-uni pressie (she's off to Portsmouth on Thursday!) have made a little cotton crocheted blanket for Logan & in the process of making a pure wool cardi (pics to follow) as Lyra has had most of the clothes I've made it's Logan's turn for the moment! I'm int eh process of organising the lounge STILL & we have one of the Ikea shelving units up. i think the other may have to wait for next weekend though as I've not had time to sort things enough to get that up (need to sort Lyra's room too you see as current TV cupboard will go up there as toy cupboard) we're getting new carpetsin a couple of weeks, I've spent a lot of time chatting to Genni (we loved that it was09.09 :09am on 09/09/09 recently) & discussing life the universe & everything. It's wonderful tobe so close to her now.....
Anyway this "quick" update was quite long really! I'm sure there's more to add - I'll be back & I shall add photos soon too.... adieu for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment