My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Wednesday 21 October 2009

Hello there!

Wow it's almost NOVEMBER!! How on earth did that happen?!
Goodness I've been so lax about updating on here. It gets to a certain amount of time since the last post and it becomes even more work to post as an update on everything feels required!! I'll do my best with some brief snippets of the most important people to me....
Logan is now 7 months & 1 week & getting incredibly grown up. When nappy free ha is crawling a little, otherwise he is successfully bum-shuffling a reasonable distance and can pull himself up onto his knees. He will drag himself over to me & then start climbing up my leg sometimes when he wants me :o) He's also eating loads & growing loads too, he has a new highchair so he can sit at the table with us for meals and have finger foods/ try to chuck everything in arms reach on the floor. He's a typical male already; loves food, bashing things, being noisy, music & technology. At the moment he's not sleeping well & is being very clingy due to developing another cold after just recovering from croup and teething (still totally toothless). He has also learned to nod & finds it very funny as it's kind of a whole body nod and says lots of "words"; dada, mama, blabla, baba, & something that sounds a lot like "Lyra".


Lyra is doing very well too, she is not crying when I drop her off at preschool any more & is pretty good at helping with Logan too. As ever her speech is fantastic and she comes out with the funniest things. The other night she said to david "shh... listen. It's the winds of change" (which apparently go blurbleurble) If I say something she disagrees with I get a quick "no no no" in respionse (a mannerism directly pinched from me) & she will make up songs about Logan who she calls "Loganberry". She also loves making things and we make cakes a couple of times a week, is always on the go & has daytime naps almost never (except for when she is ill like now)

I've been busy with my crochet I've made 3 pigs, 1 chicken, a sheep, lamb and ram & all but legs of a fresian cow for Logan's crochet farmyard christmas present. I've also made Lyra a little princess doll and 1/2 simon's hat. I have plans for putting patterns & tutorials on my other blog as I'm very impressed with my little animals that I worked out all by myself....

We've done really well with our christmas shopping already & have very little left to buy for the children (the big ones!) David bought me an iphone recently (another reason for my silence as cannot post from it!) so I'm LOVING that.

What with everyone's colds, new carpets meaning I have loads of sorting to do still (lovely new carpets though!) I'm just about treading water & feeling a bit low but hopefully acknowledging it will help me to do something about it. I must confess I'm scared of the idea of getting PND again, very scared that I already have it in fact. I really should phone my Health Visitor who is lovely but I don't want to admit defeat but I'm crying more than I should. Just 6 weeks ago I was the happiest I have ever been & I really want to be back there. Guess SAD doesn't help - very yucky weather at the moment.

David has been trooping again (& I didn't even tell you about his first troop!) & loved it again, I'm so torn as I miss him because I feel I hardly ever see him now but he loves it so much that he's happier & reacting to my lows better... I want him to be happy as that will ultimately be best for us both & of course because I love him.... & he does love his trooping :o)

OK I must find out how to update here on my iphone, that will lead to more regular updates I feel!!! until next time ttfn xxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment