My family - 24/5/09

My family - 24/5/09

Welcome to my blog!

I've started this blog as a record of my family life more than anything else. Time passes so quickly and there are things you think you will never forget but somehow you do....
I am Natalie, married to David since 14th May 2005. We have two gorgeous children Lyra (born 28/Jan/07) & Logan (born 20/Mar/09) and a crazy cat called Cassie. Life is hectic but good!

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Nobody said it would be easy....

... though I had hoped this year might be easiER at least... So far it has been rather stressful with my little lady developing some issues that have started to really affect us all. She's perfectly healthy but is completely and totally obsessed with washing her hands and won't touch something that somebody else has touched. She won't even hold hands with her friends at school any more and will refuse a biscuit or similar if she things somebody else might have touched it. She sometimes won't even cuddle me and will keep her hands firmly tucked into her sleeves if I try to hold her hand *sigh* so difficult for me in particular because it seems to be partly directed at me. I'm talking to her school and will be taking her along to the GP as soon as I've discussed it properly with her teacher & the school support adviser to try and nip it in the bud so it doesn't become a full-blown behavioural problem. We shall see how it goes!

It does make me feel really guilty as if it must be my fault; though I don't see how. Perhaps it could be some all-knowing deity being vengeful because I've had a falling out with a rather religious friend recently?!! I seriously doubt that somehow. While we're on that matter I feel the need for a bit of a rant; this falling-apart of a decade long friendship has not been kind to me emotionally either, but it just had to be done. I refuse to be preached to or looked down upon by anybody; I am no better or worse than anybody who regularly attends church and am a strong believer that it is the way you treat others and lead your life in general that count in this world rather than your level of religious fervour. Everybody is entitled to their own beliefs and I'm not going to put up with anybody saying that I will be punished by some fire and brimstone God because I believe differently from them & say so...

I work in a hospital and am good at my job, I volunteer as chair of a preschool committee to help out (though I didn't particularly want to) which is rather stressful and time consuming and involves a LOT of work and I will always be there for my friends; having been told I have saved more than one person's sanity/ welfare with late-night discussions and rescue missions over the issues troubling them. I am not a bad person. OK I may be a slightly blunt  person but that is more due to my honesty than anything bad and I am careful not to say things that may be taken too close to heart or may imply somebody is, for example, a bad parent ; that's just not good form. I don't like the whole "ignore an issue until it goes away" attitude and this is, I fear, the heart of the matter. I couldn't bear the fact that I was just being ignored without response  just because I have said something that needed to be said so ended up removing the person in question from Facebook, which has stopped a certain amount of the bad feeling and was rather a relief. There is no point harbouring resentments after all, people change and sometimes they change too much and you have to let them go.... it is a shame though isn't it.

So onwards and upwards! there really is no point in dwelling on your problems is there; now to address the problems with Lyra as well as we can and to accept that there are some things you really can't do anything about, namely other people!!!! Watch this video, it certainly puts my problems and importance into perspective....

No comments:

Post a Comment